Family Living Educator
UW-Extension Walworth County
Areas of Practice:
- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
School of Social Work
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Areas of Research Interest: Magnuson’s research interests include well-being and development of economically disadvantaged children and their families. She examines how disparities in socioeconomic status (SES) affect children’s development, and how these effects may be altered by policies and programs, especially early childhood education programs. She also investigates how maternal education impacts child development.
Academy Professor of Economics
The Ohio State University
Areas of Research Interest: issues in housing, real estate economics, and urban economics; recently published research includes studies of the impact of Hispanic ethnicity on homeownership, prediction of turning points in housing markets, the causes of volatility in home prices, and the determination of how residential properties’ list prices are set by sellers.
Health and Well-being Educator
UW-Extension Milwaukee County
Areas of Practice: Developing executive function (basic skills and attitudes towards money), building money habits and values, practicing money skills and decision making
Professor of Economics
Areas of Research Interest: Urban and Regional Economics, Public Finance, Local Education