The Center for Financial Security hosts a bi-weekly forum showcasing scholars and their research regarding household finances. The Household Finance Scholars (HFS) Forums are intended to bring together an interdisciplinary group of graduate students, faculty and others at UW Madison interested in sharing ideas and research on topics related to household financial behavior, asset building, financial literacy and capability, and personal finance. The forums provide an opportunity to present work in progress, learn about research and funding opportunities and cultivate interest in household finance on campus. Sessions will begin with approximately 30 minute presentations followed by small group discussion. These times also serve as a platform for problem solving and information exchange.
Interested in joining the group? Email Nicole Truog: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2013 Household Finance Scholars Meeting Dates
- 2/18: Justin Sydnor, Department of Actuarial Science, Risk Management, and Insurance, Wisconsin School of Business
- 3/4: Mike Batty, Department of Economics, UW-Madison (tentative)
- 3/18: Nilton Porto, Consumer Science Department, UW-Madison
- 4/8: Crystal Hall, Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington
- 4/22: Fenaba Addo, RWJ Health & Society Scholar, UW-Madison
- 5/6: Carly Urban, Department of Economics, Montana State University (tentative)